Monday, May 14, 2012

Exciting running news!

It is now time to share my exciting running news!

To the dismay of my mother and mother-in-law 
(who desperately were hoping for
grandchildren after the Flying Pig Marathon was over),
Savannah and I will be running the Nike Women's Half Marathon
in San Francisco on October 14th!

The registration for this race is a "random draw".
What this means is, there are so many people wanting to run 
this race, that they randomly draw names to see who 
will have the opportunity to run.
I have spoken with a couple people who mentioned that they
had tried for 3-4 years before they were selected to run
this race.
Savannah and I thought we would give it a shot,
thinking that if we didn't get in this year,
we would try again next year.

We also registered as a group.
This way, if she was chosen, I was able to go with her,
and if I was chosen, she would go with me.

On April 26th, we received emails that we were selected!
San Francisco--here we come!

Not only is this race exciting to run,
but guess what is waiting at the finish line?

This:


That's right my friends--a Tiffany & Co. necklace!
I also hear there is a chocolate mile! 
Yum Yum!

I have read up on this race and people have said this is not a runner's race;
this means that there are so many fun and exciting things waiting for you on the route,
(minus the multitude of steep hills!)
that the race is more for enjoyment than for setting a personal record.

I am ecstatic for my new running adventure and for seeing a city I have never been to before!
Thank you, Nike, for choosing us!


3 comments:

  1. Oh man, soooo jealous! Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you LUCKY girl!! I think I could run a half marathon for a Tiffany's necklace...well, maybe. An exciting event, in a great city, for such an awesome person, you deserve it Tiff, babies can wait until 10-15-12, right?

    ReplyDelete