Wednesday, October 9, 2013

It's a disease.

I found this on pinterest and immediately loved it:


This summer I read The Fast Track To Fertility,
written by my current doctors.
In the book, there is a chapter about how 
to deal with people who do not understand
what us "less fertiles" are going through.

It stated, "Telling someone with infertility to just relax and see what will happen
is like telling someone who is having a heart attack to just
sit back and not seek medical attention."

I am trying to understand that many people do not know the daily struggles
that I go through mentally,emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
I try to smile through the insensitivity of it all,
but this feeling of loneliness is enough to drive a girl crazy.

God must have heard my prayers because when I was at 
the doctor's office in September, there was a flyer
for a "Ladies Night In."

Yoga, a light dinner, and a peer support group were all being provided 
FREE of cost!
FREE?!
Sign me up!
(Why can't everything here be free?!?!)

Tonight was our first meeting.
The yoga class was so relaxing that I almost
fell asleep during the relaxation technique 
portion of the class.

Afterwards we were provided with "light dinner",
but I must say that this was the best light dinner
I have ever had.
Panera was catered and we had soups, sandwiches, salads,
chips, pastas, and desserts.
I surely did not leave this outing hungry!

While people were eating, we went around
and introduced ourselves.
While I sat and listened to these stories,
I was in awe.
This room was full of strong, brave, fighting women.
Women who had tragic stories to tell,
but continue to find hope in each new day.
Women who have spent dollar after dollar
chasing their dream, to still end up with empty arms.

Our stories may have all been different,
but we did have some common threads:
Even though people view us as strong and brave, we don't feel that way.
 We feel weak and vulnerable.
We cry. ALOT.
None of us knows where our paths will take us
on this incredible journey.


And while it doesn't make the journey any easier,
meeting these women has made the journey a little less lonely.


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I wish I had had a resource like this when I was going through my miscarriages. I know it doesn't take away the pain but it helps knowing you aren't alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sad that there are groups out there for women that are hurting because of infertility, but I am glad that you were able to find them. When I was going through my issues, I felt most comforted talking with people that shared a very similar experience. There is so much fear about the unknown future when you are trying to get pregnant, it is mind-consuming, sharing your story with others that "get it" I am sure helps. Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete