Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Our Trip to Pitt

Traveling is absolutely one of my favorite things to do!
I love to go to new places, meet new people, and learn new things.

This has been the summer of weekend trips for Keith and me.
The weekend of July 29th-31st we took a road trip to the city of Black and Gold.
Steelers country? you ask. Oh yes, Steelers country.
(Pray for us!)
 Dressed in our Cincinnati best, Keith and I packed our bags and hit the road!


On our journey, we encountered this fine fellow!

WHODEY!!!

This van wasn't the only thing we encountered, though.  
We drove through some horrible weather.
I must admit I had my eyes closed and was praying that we made it through alive.
Thank goodness Keith was driving!


 

The sign on the left says West Virginia! Eeks!

Once we made it through the treacherous weather, we went through the Fort Pitt Tunnel,



and found this on the other side--

Heinz field 
Home of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
 I couldn't believe I was taking a picture of Heinz field, but there I was--
snapping away! 

 

PNC Park--Home of the Pittsburgh Pirates,
and the Heinz Factory--
the final answer to a Jeopardy question on August 1,2011! 

I was sooooo excited to see this sign!
I can't wait to tell my students that I visited 
Sharpsburg, Pennsylvania this summer!

It was so great to pull into Greg and Amy's driveway
and give them great big hugs! 
A year is just way to long to be away from them!
It was also lots of fun meeting Miss Victoria. :)

Since it was dinnertime when we arrived,
we had to start our Pittsburgh trip off right with a visit to

Amy and I noticed that a fun drink was on the menu:
I.C. Light Mango.
We decided to give it a try!

MMM Delicious and nutritious!
Only 95 calories per bottle!
Why didn't I pick up 10 cases on my way out of Pittsburgh?!
Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back!

We each ordered the same meal:
The Pitts-Burger Cheese Steak.


This sandwich has sirloin beef, provolone, tomatoes, cole slaw,
AND french fries ALL on the sandwich.

Here's the first bite.....

Yummmm! So good! 
More please!

While we were there, I just had to take a pic of the
cute Holtz Family! 



Back at the house, we were able to explore our nice gifts Amy and Greg had for us.

Can you believe this? All Pittsburgh stuff!
That's okay, we brought some Cincy goodies for them too!

Here Amy and I are eating Pittsburgh Chocolate
and Cincinnati Busken cookies.


(I hate to admit it, but the chocolate was good!)

The rest of the evening was spent catching up and talking about blogs! ha!
I went to bed that night and had a dream about one of Amy's blogs she follows.
Crazy!

More fun awaits us tomorrow...until then, sweet dreams bloggers!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet post and even sweeter friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yesterday's post, this post and looking forward to tomorrow's post!! love you! ~Ame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post I found through Amy's blog! I have to ask...what's so great about Sharpsburg?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I teach at a school named Sharpsburg Primary. :)

    ReplyDelete