Thursday, June 7, 2012

Say it isn't so?!

Woah! It caught me by surprise...
10 years out of high school already?
Say it isn't so?

Oh yes, my friends, tis true.

I decided today to look back through my senior
scrapbook.
I would like to highlight some fun things I found:

1. I have a cartoon cutout that has two small children walking to school. The caption states:
"Hopefully, by the time we get out of high school all the jobs will be gone."
While I giggled putting this into my book 10 years ago, and then giggled again tonight at reading it,
I realized tonight that it actually is true---where are the jobs??
Darn economy.
I must have been a fortune teller many years ago. :)

2. In high school I had no boobs.
Zilch.
Zero.
Nada. 
(I blame it on all the sports bras I wore for sports!)

Now I'm rockin' a nice set of girls--I guess 10 years DOES make a difference!

3. My first car ever was a black Chevrolet Cavalier that a friend named "Millie."
I loved that car!

4. My favorite restaurant was Larosa's and my favorite thing to order was a small pizza and salad with honey mustard.  Some things never change!

5. My favorite song at the time: "Have you ever" by Brandy.

6. Favorite CD: "Writings on the Wall" by Destiny's Child.

7. A gallon of gas cost $1.35.

8. I still have my acceptance letter to NKU.  Go Norse!

9. There is a page for future goals.  
Goal 1: Marry for the rest of my life. :)  So far, so good!

10. Goal 2: Have 4 kids. Okay, that has been downsized to 2 and we haven't started this task yet.

11. Goal 3: Fly first class at least once in my life.  Hmmm....still need to work on that one.

12. Goal 4: Visit Hawaii.  10 year wedding anniversary maybe?

13. Goal 5: Visit California.  Woohoo! Happening in October 2012!

14. Goal 6: Go on unplanned weekend vacations.  We are so so on this one.

15. Goal 7: Go on a cruise.  Not yet!

16. Goal 8: Visit Australia.  This is a must!!!


Last but not least,
I found this quote in my book that I thought was worth sharing:

"The outcome of every situation, even if it seems terrible at the time,
leads you down a new path."

Wow, these last 10 years have absolutely flown by.
I have met amazing people, created friendships that will last a lifetime,
visited new places, and have created a strong foundation for the rest of my life.

I cannot WAIT to see what the next 10 years have in store!!!

1 comment:

  1. 10 years ago...wow! I have been teaching for 10 years! I would love for gas to be $1.35 a gallon again, you will have a blast in Cali, and I have always wanted to go on a cruise too!!

    ReplyDelete