Friday, June 28, 2013

It's Friday!


I cannot believe that it is the last Friday in June already! 
Where did the time go?
It's going wayyyyy to fast for my liking is all that I can say.
Anyways....
Here are my top five things (or six, or seven, or eight)
 I loved about this week
(In the order they occurred):

1. Family Dinner Sundays
             After a few weeks of some outings (festivals, Reds game,   etc.) we decided to stay at home this week and have everyone over to our house for a fiesta! Chicken taco dip, soft tacos, hard tacos, quesadillas, churros, and apple enchiladas were all on the menu. Jaida swam in my new pool (kiddie size!), and everyone else sunbathed (minus Keri and Keith who would have blinded us had they exposed themselves to the sun...gotta love those gingers!). Later, my sister sent me a text saying, "Jaida just said she had so much fun at your house today." Melt my heart!

2. Zumba
              Lisa, Keri, Nicole, and I started Zumba back in March.  I cannot believe that I was missing out on this fun time! Zumba is such a phenomenal workout, and I was sweating my tushi off this week.  I have so much fun dancing, I forget I'm working out. Now only if I could talk my instructor into teaching a class more than 2 days a week...

3. Lunch with Amanda
              I met my friend, Amanda, this past school year when she subbed in my classroom. She did such a fantastic job, that I recommended she take a long term sub position for my teaching partner who was going on maternity leave. We became such good friends through this experience, and I am so happy that she is staying in the great city of Cincinnati for a little while longer. We met at Panera on Wednesday and talked for at least an hour and a half. I think I could talk to this girl for days! Next time, we will have to hit up Orange Leaf after our lunch date!

4. Dinner with a new friend, Shawna
              A couple weeks ago my sister-in-law, Keri, text me about a friend at her work,Shawna, who was also experiencing some fertility issues. She thought it would be helpful for us to talk to each other since we are having some similar experiences. We started out Facebook messaging each other, and decided to meet on Thursday night. It was such a fun time that we didn't realize we had talked for 2+ hours! Sometimes just being able to talk about fertility makes the journey a lot less lonely!

5. Drinks with Nicole
              After my dinner with Shawna, my sister, Nicole, text me and said that she wouldn't mind coming over and having some drinks with me.  I love this girl and was so happy that she wanted to spend time with her big sister. We chatted about life until 1 in the morning! As she was leaving, my neighbor across the street needed some help putting out his recycling, so she was a kind citizen and helped him. High five for that!

6. Maddy
             Today, Maddy had a grooming appointment. Usually when she is finished being groomed, the groomers just let her run around the haircutting room.  She loves it because she gets so spoiled by all of the workers.  Today, I decided to see how she would do in the daycare room after her haircut.  When I picked her up, she had a glowing report! It said that she was not shy/timid around the other dogs, and it said that she was a "social butterfly."  haha Just like her mama!

7. Pool days
            Today was such a nice day in Cincinnati, so I decided to take advantage of it.  A day at the pool was just what I needed. Sun & Summer...what more is there to ask for?!

8. Nights with my hubby
           And so another long week comes to an end for my hard-working hubby. Tonight we are enjoying Larosa's pizza for dinner and hanging out on the couch where we will probably watch the Reds game. I swear, I love these nights more than when we go out!

My only regret of the week....
why didn't I get any pictures?!?!
I MUST get better at this!
Oh well,
enjoy your weekend Bloggy friends!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment