Sunday, January 22, 2012

St.Bernard helping out

Friday night, Keith and I were invited to a Toys for Tots fundraiser held at St. Bernard City Hall.
We didn't know too much about the fundraiser, but what we had heard is
that on December 27th someone robbed the storage unit where the U.S. Marine Corps
was keeping all of the toys they collected for their annual Toys for Tots campaign.

A few days later, the St.Bernard Police captured the robbers and were able to find 90% of the stolen items.
In order to make up for the lost toys, St.Bernard held a fundraiser on January 20th.
Keith and I had NO IDEA going in what a huge event this was going to be 
(or we would have told more people to come!).

We paid $10 a piece to get in the doors, 
and this included all we could eat Skyline, Larosa's, or B-Dubs
and 3 beer tickets.

As we walked in the door, I immediately spotted Keith's "favorite" mascot, Gapper.
(I say "favorite" because he actually despises Gapper and thinks that he is a pointless mascot since the Reds already have 3...yes 3...other mascots!).
I thought it would be HILARIOUS for Keith to get a picture! hehe



So of course, Keith had me get one too...pay backs!

We also played some games--
I won $6 on Big Six, and after losing twice in a row,
I decided to walk away a winner with my $4!
I know, I'm a big spender right?!?!


We had a great time with friends and family
and we hope that St.Bernard will continue this fun event in the future!



1 comment: