Friday, November 11, 2011

Birthday Weekend, Continued...The Great Smoky Mountains!

Back in May, 2010, Keith and his groomsmen visited Gatlinburg for Keith's bachelor party weekend.  While there, they had visited the Smoky Mountains, but I had never been.
It was such a beautiful day, and I didn't want to waste a second of it.
What a better way to spend a day than climbing a mountain, right? :)

 

As we headed up the mountain, we would stop for
breath-taking views and amazing pictures. Like this one ;)

At the top (almost!) ;)
This is as far as we could go with our car.

 
Snow at the top of the mountain
 
We parked Fiona and started climbing!
A mile and half to be exact!
It was a tough climb--
I hope there aren't any hills like that
when I'm running the Flying Pig Marathon!


We made it!!


 

It was extremely windy up there!

 

I love being in 2 places at once!
 

 

 


After the Smokies, we quickly headed back to the cabin, 
changed, and headed to the Dixie Stampede.
The Dixie Stampede is a dinner theater show that I have
always loved going to since I was little.
I've been to the Dixie Stampede in both Gatlinburg and Myrtle Beach.
This was Keith's first experience, and I definitely don't think it will be his last!

Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of the evening
because you are only allowed to take pictures before and after
the show.

Of course I stayed up until midnight (just barely!)
to welcome in my birthday!
Happy 28th to me!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I liked the pictures of Keith with his hoodie on, just sayin'. I saw Dixie Stampede years ago in Myrtle Beach, were you the North or the South?

    Flying Pig Marathon?? sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...I love how the Pittsburgh Zoo is representing in your header!

    ReplyDelete