Tuesday, November 29, 2011

More birthday celebrations!


   So, it wouldn't be like me if I didn't get in one more birthday post by the end of the month of November.

I do celebrate my birthday for an entire month, you know!

When we returned from Gatlinburg, I had to snuggle with my little baby!  I missed her so much!


After my cuddlefest, Keith's mom, Lisa, invited everyone to her house
 for birthday dinner and cake!

On the menu: Beef stew, rolls, and funfetti cake!
I chose beef stew because it is a great runner's meal.
It has red meat and vegetables, 
all of which I should be eating more of (but haven't really been doing so well)!

After dinner, we enjoyed the best part of the meal--cake and ice cream!
You're never too old for cake and ice cream!

Lisa always makes special cakes for birthdays.
This year my cake was decorated like a book!
I heart books!

Here are a few pictures of the gang that night:


 

This dog's name is Benji.
Lisa is fostering him until we can find it a good home.
Any takers?? :)

My beautiful nieces, Jaida & Trin, with the birthday girl

Lisa cutting the cake

Aren't they cute?! Nicole, Jaida, & Johnny

Opa and Trin 

Lisa and my mom :)

Take 1 

Take 2


Keith and Keri 



At school the next day, one of my students had her mom make me cupcakes for my birthday! 
So sweet! 
You know what they say, "An apple a day, keeps the doctor away!"
I especially agree with these kinds of apples!
 


Finally, my celebrations ended on a wonderful note when Charlie O'Connor called me for a birthday date!
Charlie is the son of my dear friends, Melissa and Kevin.
Melissa and I met when I began teaching at Sharpsburg in August 2006, 
and Charlie was born the following January.
Since then, my bond with Charlie has grown and grown!
I absolutely LOVE this boy and will be right behind his mom when the teenage girls start calling him one day!


Melissa and Kevin are so thoughtful and bought me a travel trivia game since we do so much traveling!
Little did they know that Keith and I often go to Trivia Night at BW3s on Friday nights.
They found a gift that combined two of our favorite things: travel and random facts!
Charlie insisted on buying me flowers--Such a gentleman!

Also in attendance at dinner was my godson, Benjamin.
Ben is such a sweet boy, mellow, and laid back and I am lucky to be his godmother!


I must say that I was definitely spoiled on my 28th birthday.
The best gift of all, though, is having a loving and healthy group of family and friends!

Happy November everyone!
Can you believe December is right around the corner?
  


2 comments:

  1. I love the new design!! I also love that one of your students made you apple cupcakes, that is sooo sweet, you are a great teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you new design - so festive! Looks like you had wonderful birthday celebrations! You are surrounded by so many thoughtful people. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete