Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Weekend

As I have expressed before, this school year is a tough one for me!  
As Keith and I were discussing my birthday wish list, I decided to scrap the presents and wished for a weekend get-a-way instead.  
Being the fantastic husband that he is, Keith planned a fun weekend to 
Gatlinburg, Tennessee 
November 5-7th!

 

Here's the view from our cabin's porch!
 

Keith is getting the big bug off of our hot tub!

  

I quickly found my favorite spot of the weekend! 
There were two rocking chairs over looking the beautiful mountains...
so peaceful!


Fiona the Ford was a beast this weekend! Our cabin was located at the top of a 
VERY steep hill!
It was no trouble for Fiona though!



For dinner, we ate at the Smokey Mountain Brewery and Restaurant!
So delicious!


 Keith tested out the sampler....
                 

....and I had the BEST pumpkin beer I've ever tasted!
If pumpkin pie could be liquid, this is what it would have tasted like!

After dinner we walked the town!
We had to stop and take a picture of this since Keith's sister, Keri,
calls him "dude" all of the time!
This pic's for you Keri!


We then stopped and sampled moonshine!
After the beer at the brewery and the samples of moonshine,
we were feeling great!


Our next stop was the Sky Lift.
Whenever anyone talks about Gatlinburg,
I always hear that they did the Sky Lift.
I've never been on it, so I talked Keith into going!

 

It was fun, but definitely not worth the $26 we paid to go.
If you're going to Gatlinburg, skip the Sky Lift.

We then headed home to jump in our hot tub!


 

After the hot tub, we decided to make a fire in our fire place.
My original idea was to make S'Mores, but after everything
we ate at dinner, I was toooooo stuffed!
It looks pretty though!


Off to bed for a night of sweet dreams of what's to come tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. What a fab first day of your trip! I'm so glad you were able to sneak away and enjoy the simple life for a few days! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Keith are serious world travelers...I love it! The views were gorgeous, looks like a fun trip. We missed being in TN together by a week, although I am sure hanging with V and I would have put a damper on your romantic get-away. I am surprised you passed up on s'mores, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete