Sunday, March 18, 2012

First Half Marathon Completed together!

My sister, Nicole, and I have been training together for the Flying Pig Marathon since September.
Due to our schedules, the most miles we have run together is 12 miles.
(Last week's 16 miler was brutal for me--bloody socks, chaffing in sensitive places, sore muscles--
 but I made it through!)

This week we were ecstatic to complete our first half marathon together.
Here we are all sweaty, but VERY proud of ourselves!

What made this week's run better than last week's is that I truly enjoyed the run.
There are days when I push myself so hard that I no longer enjoy it,
I'm just running to get finished.

The best advice that I have been given about the Flying Pig Marathon is to "just soak it in and enjoy it."
I cannot be worried about a time, I just need to enjoy the run.
I learned what this meant on Sunday.

Congrats to us both!
47 days until the big race...
Flying pig, here we come!



No comments:

Post a Comment