Sunday, December 22, 2013

7 Weeks


SURPRISE! WE'RE HAVING TWINS!

How far along?:  7 weeks
Babies are measuring 0.9 cm and 0.73 cm.
Doctor says they are right on track!
Gender: Not finding out! We love surprises!
Weight gain: I actually lost weight this week due
to all of my sickness. The doctor says if this continues
I will have to take some anti-nausea meds, but I'm
going to try to hold off as long as I can. 
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but maybe soon!
Stretch Marks: No
Belly Button in or out: In
Sleep: As I have said before, I've always been a
stomach sleeper. I have often wondered how I would sleep once
 I got pregnant. My body has naturally been having me sleep on my
side. Isn't it weird how our bodies just know?!
Best moment this week: Our ultrasound appointment!
Seeing the two flickering heart beats made my heart flutter.
Worst moment this week: Our ultrasound appointment.
The two days leading up to the appointment, I had lost all
pregnancy symptoms. I was hungry (which has been rare), my boobs
didn't hurt any more, I didn't feel as tired. After last year's miscarriage,
I was afraid I knew what this meant. Loss of pregnancy symptoms
means loss of baby.  So the day of our ultrasound, I woke up
in the morning and took a pregnancy test to make sure I was
still pregnant. I was freaked out when that double line was so faint
I could barely see it!  I cried when I left the house and all the way to work
thinking that we had lost our baby again.
Darn 3:45 appointments.
This day was going to be the longest day of my life!
Fortunately, it ended with our best moment of the week
(see above!).
Miss anything: Food, but what's new?!
Movement: No
Cravings: Fruit! I cannot get enough!
Queasy or sick: Some days I'm really sick, others not so much.
Ginger ale before getting out of bed has been a miracle cure!
Looking forward to: Our next ultrasound appointment on Thursday, December 26th!

Merry Christmas to all!

2 comments:

  1. TWINS! Oh my goodness, how exciting!!! Congrats Tiffany!!! I totally understand how you felt the day of your ultrasound appointment. That happened to me when I was around 11 weeks with Kennedy. I had been super sick up until then and then it just stopped. I immediately called my dr to schedule another ultrasound and there she was, moving around and a steady heartbeat. Sometimes that just happens but when you have had a miscarriage or in my case two, things like that scare the crap out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never forget the day you texted me that you were pregnant and then followed it up with TWINS!!!! Sooo exciting! I LOVE that you are not finding out their genders! xoxo

    ReplyDelete