Sunday, December 29, 2013

8 weeks



How far along?:  8 weeks
Gender: Not finding out! We love surprises!
Weight gain: Ugh! I actually have now lost 3
pounds. Dreading the thought of possibly taking
meds.
I'm reading a book about having twins and it says
I should have gained 8 pounds by now.
How can I gain weight when food doesn't sound good?!
Maternity clothes: Not yet, but definitely getting close!
Stretch Marks: No
Belly Button in or out: In
Sleep: I had the worst night of sleep this week.
I couldn't get comfortable. I tossed. I turned.
I didn't sleep much AT. ALL.
The next day my mom bought me a body pillow.
Ever since, I've been sleeping like the two babies inside of me!
Best moment this week: We had another ultrasound this past Thursday
and were able to hear both babies' heartbeats.
They were the most beautiful sounds I had ever heard in my
entire life.
I cried, surprise, surprise.
My mother and father in law also found Chicco car seats
on sale for a really good price! Car seats--check!
Worst moment this week: I woke up yesterday morning around 5:30
hungry as all get out. I didn't have to go to the bathroom, but
thought, "Well, since I'm awake, I might as well go."
I went to the bathroom in the dark so that I did not disturb
Keith, but when I wiped I saw something dark on the toilet paper.
I flipped on the light and saw bright red blood on my toilet paper
and in the toilet. I yelled to Keith (who surprisingly woke up!)
and he came into the bathroom. I said, "What do I do? What do I do?"
I thought for sure I had lost our precious miracle babies.
I cleaned myself up and cried on the floor.
I called IRH and left a message.
I tried to go back to sleep, but there was no way.
They called at 8:20 and we were being seen by the doctor
by 9:30.
The babies checked out fine, thankfully.
Apparently bleeding is common with multiples.
Ugh! So scary!
Miss anything: My brain when it had positive pregnancy thoughts.
Now I am constantly wondering if the babes are okay.
Movement: No
Cravings: Panera salad and tomato soup.
Queasy or sick: This week I'm feeling pretty good!
Just keep that ginger ale flowing. :)
Looking forward to: New Year's Eve with some of our favorite friends!

1 comment:

  1. I worried alll the time when I was pregnant with Kennedy. Looking back, I wish I hadn't worried so much but I think it's only human when you have been through pregnancy loss. Still sooo excited for you!!! Keep the updates coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete