Friday, April 13, 2012

The Dreaded Friday the 13th...

Dum, dum, dum.
Friday the 13th.
The day people fear bad things are going to happen.
I don't know if I believe the myth or not,
but I was bound and determined for this Friday the 13th
to be the best.
The day ended up being like a roller coaster ride with a few ups and downs.

Up:
At 8 A.M. I checked my email at school.
I was surprised and honored to find out that I had
received a grant in the amount of $300 to order
high interest books for my students!
Score!
Friday the 13th wasn't starting out so bad after all!

Down:
I forwarded the email to my principal to let her know that
I had received the grant.
I explained to her that I was very excited about winning,
and all I needed was our Federal ID number to prove that
we were a low-income school.
This is such a great opportunity for our students!
I was excited for her reply,
hoping at the least it would say "Congratulations."
If you were the principal,
what would you have written in reply to my email?

Well, let me write you her EXTREMELY LONG email (sense my sarcasm)
on here:

Fed ID # ___________________

THAT'S IT! 
Can you believe it?

Do you see why I am in search for a new job?!?!?!

To top it all off,
she saw me after school and still didn't say anything!
SHEESH!


Up:
I was able to spend the evening with my handsome husband
and wonderful friends at the Dee Gee Beer/Wine Tasting event.
Here are some pics:
Me, Anne, & Lorin

Keith & Jim

Friday the 13th ended on a positive note with good friends,
good food, good drinks, and good times!
Who says Friday the 13th has to be so bad?


1 comment: