Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Some random things I did over spring break...

I wanted to post two random things I did over spring break...

First, I bought new running shoes!
Woohoo!

Runners are supposed to get new shoes between 300-500 miles.

I am close to the 500 range, but my shoes still "look" like they are in good condition
(let me remind you I used to wear shoes for years without replacing them!).
So, needless to say, I was skeptical walking into Fleet Feet
and wasn't entirely convinced that I would be walking out with new shoes.
I tried on 3 pairs:
Mizuno, Brooks, and Nike.
I love the way Nike's look,
but usually they do not fit me well.

Today, however, was different.
These shoes felt like they were made for me!!
It was like having trampolines on both of my feet.
After I put these on, I decided,
"Heck yeah I need new shoes!"

Here they are--Tada!

They are called Nike Flywires--
which I think is so appropriate since I am running the Flying Pig.
They are also pink like a pig,
and my favorite color!

P.S.--When I say they are pink...I am not kidding...we are talking highlighter pink here!
They are bright, but I am in love. :)

My second random post has to do with someone that I spent a lot of time with over break.
This little cutie--

I just adore her and had so much fun bonding with her this week.

That's it for today's randomness...
Opening Day pictures coming soon....


1 comment:

  1. Okay, so you said runners need new shoes after they have run 500 miles, my mind cannot begin to comprehend this madness, you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete