Sunday, April 22, 2012

What am I doing 3 weeks before race day?

If you would have asked me a few months ago what I would have been doing 3 weeks before race day,
I would not have said this....

or this....

or this....

or this.

The week of April 15th had started out well.
Nicole and I completed our last long run before the marathon.
20 miles! Woohoo!

The entire run I was feeling good.
Even Nicole commented on how well I was running.
When we got home and took this picture, I said,
"I can do 6 more miles after this!"

Like all long runs, Monday and Tuesday call for aches and pains.
Usually by Wednesday I am back to normal.
However, this week was different.
While the rest of me was feeling better,
the top of my left foot was feeling worse and worse.

On Wednesday after school, I looked down and thought my
left foot seemed swollen.
I thought I may be exaggerating,
so I called in Christina to take a look.
I didn't tell her which foot was hurting,
and immediately she picked out the left foot.
So instead of running the 6 miles I had planned,
I decided to go home and rest it,
in hopes that tomorrow would be better.
Tomorrow came and went.
In fact, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday did too.
It absolutely KILLED me to not be running 3 weeks before the race.
But I did not want to take the chance of injuring it more,
so I sucked it up, iced and elevated it every night, and prayed that it would feel better.


FINALLY, Sunday my foot was feeling better.
I ran 13.1 miles with no troubles.
Fingers crossed for no more set backs!

On a side note, since I was resting so much,
I had time to catch up on my Runner's World.
I went to grab my magazine and saw this,

"Slim Stro" is showing on the left side!
haha Made my night!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot even believe you ran 20 miles, you go girl!!! I am glad to hear you recovered from your injury, I hope you stay injury-free! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo on foot pain. Fingers crossed it doesn't bother you in the marathon! LOVE the Slim Stro on the magazine cover ... coincidence? I think not!

    ReplyDelete