Saturday, November 9, 2013

But if today I lose hope...

This morning we had our ultrasound with Dr. A.
Dr. A is truly one of the best doctor's in Cincinnati,
possibly even America.
He has received numerous awards over the years,
including Top Doctor,
voted on by a prestigious peer-reviewed group that conducts
an extensive survey of over 5,000 physicians to identify the 
doctors that other doctors trust the most.  

Today, though, he worried me.
He walked into the room, and without
even a glance at us, looked at my
chart and said,
"We need to change your course of treatment."

He did the ultrasound and found 3 follicles.
He recommended that we do the injectable
shots for two more days,
take our Ovidrel trigger shot on three days from today,
and IUI 4 days from today.
We scheduled our appointment for 4:00 on November 13th.
I was a little disheartened by this.
Day 14 at 4:00?? 
This seems wayyyy too late??
Will we miss those beautiful eggs?

I was also sent home with a progesterone pill.
This was the one highlight of the trip.
Hello, how long have I been saying I've needed
progesterone??
Oh, only a year now.
The only down side?
This horse sized pill has to be shoved
up my hoo ha.
Looovvveeelyy!

We'll see how this goes,
but not feeling to optimistic this month.

So I leave with this...


1 comment:

  1. Progesterone was my saving grace during my journey to getting pregnant. That along with lots of prayer. I pray it works for you too! And yes that pill is huge and not fun to put up there!!!! Bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete