Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Keep holding on.


They say that 3rd time's a charm,
but what about the 4th time?
Is there anything to be said about the 4th time of doing something?
Good luck?
Do better than last time?
You'll get it this time?

Who knows what to say,
but here we are.
The day of our 4th IUI.

I woke up early this morning in excruciating pain.
Pain like I was going to start my period.
The pain was so strong that I felt like my
ovaries were going to explode right out of 
my body.
The only place to go:
the cold bathroom floor.
My safe place as it as been for so 
many years when I have felt this way
about an oncoming period.
However, this time is different.
Today is ovulation day, not period day.
Is this what I was supposed to be
feeling each month on day 14?

After about 15 minutes or so,
I was finally able to pick myself
up off of the floor and get ready for work.
Work went by quickly as the kiddos
always keep me movin' and shakin'.

We had Keith's appointment and
while there we dropped off a delicious
pumpkin roll to the staff that Keith's, mom,
Lisa had made.

Before it was my turn in the doctor's chair, 
we  ran to B Dubs for a quick meal.

Finally it was time. Cycle Day 14 at 4:00.
Dr. B came in, said his hellos,
mentioned how he loved the 
"calorie free" pumpkin roll,
looked at my chart and was
pleased to see that there
were 3 nice follicles developing on
Saturday.
He must have sensed the negativity in 
my voice when I quickly said,
"Yeah" because he said,
"Well, I think it's good."

I then told him about my painful morning 
and he said that this could be a good sign.
I guess so, but good signs
come with A LOT of pain.

I reminded him again,
as I always tell the doctor's before IUI,
that I am okay with twins.
They always chuckle when I say this,
but I am dead serious.
I do not want to take this fertility journey 
ever again.
EVER.

The insemination was over quickly,
and we were on our way.
The funny thing is,
I went home, threw on my yoga gear,
and headed straight back to the institute for our
monthly "Ladies Night In."
Yoga was so relaxing that I once again
almost fell asleep.
Panera was provided for dinner,
but my favorite part was the sperm and
egg cookies that were for dessert!
Our host has a great sense of humor.
If you don't laugh about infertility,
you will cry,
so I'd rather be laughing.
We all shared our stories,
and the group was shocked to hear 
that I had just had IUI a little over an hour
ago.
I told them a little yoga may relax me.
Nothing else has helped so far!

There were left over sperm and egg cookies,
so our host let me take some home to Keith.



Notice I picked the girl sperm!
Happy Insemination Day!
Let the 2 week wait begin...

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you are almost caught up on the blog!!!! There needs to be something said for a 4th time...maybe the 4th time will be just the MIRACLE(S) you have been waiting for, fingers are crossed and prayers continue to be said...get caught up on the blog already!!!!! Love you! {I would've picked the pink sperm too!) ha.

    ReplyDelete