Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ending of an era, turning of a page.

Today is the day that I have dreaded for such a long time.
The day that I turn 30.
I don't know why I have dreaded it.
I have always LOVED birthdays,
especially my birthday. haha
But this year is different.
I am having a tough time moving into a new decade.
I adored my twenties.
Best years of my life.
I was fun (maybe too much fun at times!).
For some reason I feel that I have to let
that all go as I move into my thirties.
I am also not where I thought I would be at 30.
I have accomplished soooo many things in my life.

I posted this picture to instagram last night with this caption:
At midnight this girl leaves her 20s. A decade where I married
my best friend, enjoyed an amazing honeymoon, became
a mommy to my fur baby Maddy,
made best friends for life, traveled to new places,
found my career, and ran a marathon among many other things.
I can't imagine what the 30s will bring, but if it's better than
the 20s BRING. IT. ON.

I want to fully believe in the statement I wrote above.
Why I am letting this one infertility set back control
my thoughts about this birthday?
I don't know, but it is.

I woke up with this song in my head,
and it gives me inspiration:


When I got to school, my wonderful
teaching mates had this surprise for me:

Did I mention that we have conferences tonight at school?
Happy freakin' 30th birthday, right?!
Thanks to my teaching friends who had every 2nd grader
sign this banner for me!

My mom and Troy also sent the BEAUTIFUL flowers to school.
The office predicted they were from Keith,
but I knew exactly who they were from.
A mama always knows how to take care of her girl.

Notice the card says,
"Happy 21st birthday."
I am in denial about 30.

A friend at work also gave me this adorable math
mug since I teach every second grader math this year.
How thoughtful!


Kacie stopped by at lunch with balloons, flowers,
and Don Pablo's.
Yum! Yum! Yum!
This girl knows the way to my heart is definitely
through my stomach!

After what turned out to be a surprisingly wonderful day,
and a long night of conferences,
I finally was able to return home to my caring hubby
and loving Maddy.
We enjoyed homemade pizza
(Keith is by far the cook in our family)
and then munched on these Servattii's
cookies my mom dropped off.
We didn't have any candles, so we had to use a match!
Ah!
Can you guess what I am wishing for?!

Thank you to everyone who made my day truly terrific!
I had so many texts, phone calls, cards, and facebook messages
(which I responded to each and every one individually--
something I take pride in doing every year!)
that I truly felt loved in my 30th year of life.

It truly is an end of an era,
but now I'm ready to turn the page.
Let's go thirties!

No comments:

Post a Comment