Thursday, November 28, 2013

Blessed Beyond Words.

At 8:12 A.M., our alarm clock went off.
We had bread to bake and rolls to let rise.
Why?
Because it's Thanksgiving, of course!
One of my most favorite holidays!

Keith was oh so kind and rolled out of bed to go down stairs
while I laid in the bed contemplating taking a pregnancy test.
Today is the day.
The day that the Dr. B told me to test if I had not started my period.

I finally decided to do it.
Keith was home and would be there to comfort me
when the test showed up negative.

I yelled down stairs to him,
"I can't hold my pee anymore.
I guess I will take a test."

He yelled back up to me,
"How long does it usually take?"

Not feeling very positive about this month AT ALL,
I said, "Oh, about 5 minutes or so."

I went to the bathroom,
and got out one of the cheap 25 pack pregnancy
tests that I had purchased many months ago
when I was testing every month.
I did my business and the stick IMMEDIATELY had two lines.
I was in shock.
I ran to the top of the stairs and yelled,
"Keith! You need to get up here right now!"

Keith came upstairs and said,
"2 lines is good?"
I was crying tears of joy and said,
"Yes, Yes, 2 lines is good!"

Not being satisfied, I was ready to throw on my gym shoes,
with my pajamas still on mind you,
and head to the store to buy tests that say
"Pregnant or Not Pregnant."
I didn't want any confusion.
I needed the pregnancy tests for dummies.

Keith, being the wonderful husband that he is,
volunteered to go to the store for me.
When he got back, we saw this: 


I was in disbelief. Utter disbelief.
I did not have an ounce of hope this month,
and here I stand. A mommy.
A word that I've always wanted to be since
I was young and playing with my Cabbage Patch Dolls.
A word that in recent months I wasn't so sure I was going to be.
Mommy.
That is such a sweet word.

I am ever grateful to God who listened to my prayers
and fulfilled them at a time when I needed it most.
I am thankful to my husband who constantly reassured me
that I was not in this alone.
I am thankful to my family and friends who have stuck by
me during this dark time in my life.


Look for Bumpdates coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. Next to the day you were born. Happiest day of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!! Yay!!!! Tiffany I am so excited for you! God is so faithful!!! I cannot wait to read all your bumpdates! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And btw I love that you found out on Kennedys 1st birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete