Saturday, May 18, 2013

A best friend


I will start out today by spending some much
needed time talking about my friend
Honestly, I don't know what I would do
without this girl.
The quote above absolutely says it best.
She knows absolutely EVERYTHING
about me (even the TMI information)
and continues to be my friend anyway.

She has been with me for happy times...
She was a bridesmaid in our wedding in 2010

for fun times...
A Bachelorette Party in 2011

for traveling times...
At Gilly's bar in Las Vegas 2012

for butt-kicking times...
San Francisco Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012

...and for my weakest times.

Savannah is constantly calling, texting,
sending cards and gifts to show
her love for me.
Her most recent gift appeared at my door
on May 6, 2013.
I have to admit that this was a rough day
for me because that monthly visitor again
showed up to dash away any hopes
of Keith and I getting pregnant on our own.
From here on out, medical drugs and procedures
will have to be used to make us work. UGH!

So when I walked up my steps and found this




I was extremely excited and couldn't
wait to open my gift the next day.

At 6:30 A.M. on May 7th,
I quickly ran down the stairs
to open this fabulous package.
I was like a kid on Christmas! 

When I first opened the package
I saw this

Happy Half Birthday!

My first thought was to shut
the box because I am in denial
that a certain birthday that starts
with a 3 and ends with a 0 is coming
in November.

But I thought about my wonderful friend,
Savannah, and knew she wouldn't
torment me this way.
So I continued opening the box,
and inside were individually wrapped items.
(Maddy wanted to model them all for you!)

A sweet card from a sweet friend


Date night with alcohol and deli meat!

A blog post she had found about a
woman struggling with fertility

A book about fertility that makes me giggle
 every time I read it!


Daily inspiration

My wish for everyone reading this blog
is that they find a true friend like
Savannah. 
Someone that will always
be there for you, even when you are the 
least lovable.

Savannah, I hope I can be just
as good of a friend to you 
as you are to me!
LITB and more!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...this is such a sweet idea! I am so glad you have such a great friend, one who is there in the good & the bad, they are hard to come by, hold on to her tight! Love you girl!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.M.G!! Catching up on blog reading and stumbled across this incredible post! You are such a dear friend to me and I hope and pray that this crappy journey is over for you soon. It's always the darkest before the sun, right? Thanks for being such a kind and thoughtful friend ... I'd be lost without you!

    ReplyDelete