Wednesday, August 7, 2013

All things B.

Today I decided to put my infertility woes aside
and head out to the ball game
with my best friend since 3rd grade, Kacie,
to watch some boys in baseball uniforms.
What could be better, right?!

Today the Reds played the Oakland As.
It was a close game,
but the Reds pulled it out with a
6-5 victory!

I think the highlight of the game was watching 
Corky Miller
the Reds, eh 3rd string catcher,
go 2 for 2 with a pair
of RBI doubles!
I like Corky so much because
even though he is getting older,
he shows that he just loves playing baseball.
And that's what it's all about.
Not the millions of dollars many of these players are earning,
but the love of the game.
I respect that.

Unfortunately, Corky had to leave the game
early after an injury at the plate.
I hope he is okay!
I want to protest that Corky should go
to the post season because I enjoy watching him play,
but Keith tells me that it ain't happenin'.
Bummer!

After the Reds win,
Kace and I snapped this pic:

Such a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment