Friday, August 23, 2013

Do not be afraid.

Today I had my first cycle day 10 ultrasound with Dr. S to see if my body is responding to the Femara.
I have to say I was excited to meet Dr. S because I have heard such positive remarks about him, 
but I also was SO NERVOUS!
What if I spent all of this money on the Femara for it not to work?!
I probably had to go to the bathroom three times before I left the house due to my worrying.



I arrived at 8:45 (appointment was at 9)
and they took me back fairly quickly.
Dr. S came in and was super friendly
right from the start.
(So far I think he is my favorite doctor--
he is so personable!).
I also like him because he filled me in
on how many follicles I had blossoming.
I like hearing all about the follicles so
it makes my science heart happy
when they tell me sizes and measurements. :)

He said that my uterine line looked great.
I had two follicles on the right side that were 13 and 14 millimeters,
and two follicles on the left measuring 15 and 16 millimeters.
He said he was impressed that my body was responding so well.
Woah--4 follicles!
I was impressed to.
Finally, I can give my body a pat on the back for doing SOMETHING
right.

He advised me to take my Ovidrel shot Sunday evening,
and the IUI would be on Tuesday morning.
Yippeee!
I was elated with this news!
I think I left beaming. :)

I text Keith to tell him I was leaving,
and he called me immediately.
When I answered and said "hello"
Keith's first response was,
"Well, you're not crying, so it must
not have been too bad."
HA!
Note to self: I must really get my crying under
control.

After talking to Keith, I ran into Starbuck's
to pick up some Carmel Apple Spice drinks
for my teammates at work and me.
Today concludes our first week of school
and I think they deserve a reward for putting
up with me and my crazy emotions.

I am also hoping that these are celebratory drinks!

Tonight we head to Louisville to spend some time
with our friends, Kevin, Savannah, and birthday girl, Danielle.
I'll blog about that soon!

Happiest of Fridays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment