Saturday, August 3, 2013

Delta Gamma Alumnae Sisterhood Retreat

On Saturday, August 3rd, I hosted my first Delta Gamma Alumnae Sisterhood Retreat.
This is an event that my sorority sisters and I have talked about
for many years, but it never came to fruition.
Back in April, I decided to pick a date and see if we could make this happen!

I know I have spoken many times on this blog about the importance of
Delta Gamma
in my life.
I honestly do not know where I would be with out the love and support
of my sisters.
They truly made college the BEST 4 years of my life.

Take a look at our evening:

My co host Savannah and I decorated my house inside...



...AND outside.
In the pictures below, Savannah had saved an old banner 
from Bid Day that welcomed our new members on Bid Day 2004 in the University Center.
We decided to hang it off of my porch to welcome everyone to the retreat
(I wonder what my neighbors thought?!?!) 
**Side note: Next time we decided we would make a NEW banner
with each member's name who was attending the retreat that evening.

 

We started off our evening by chatting and eating
(Delta Gammas love to talk and we love to eat!).

 

We also had "warm and fuzzy" bags (see the pink bag below in Sarah's hand)
to write nice notes, silly stories, fun memories to each sister that came to the retreat.


Savannah and I also asked each member to wear their 
favorite Delta Gamma shirt.
(I did a fashion show throughout the night of different t-shirts.
Watch the pictures to see how mine change!)
Lori and I sporting our shirts that say,
"We didn't come to college to find our husbands.
We came to find our bridesmaids."

I also unveiled my newest pinterest creation--
a chalkboard that I repurposed from an old
mirror and frame.



My Grand Little Savannah, My Little Lori, and Me

My Little Ashley, Me, My Little Lori, Grand Little Savannah


Time for a t-shirt change and writing warm and fuzzies!
This shirt was a throw back to our Date Party 2005.
Me & Mary Jill

Me & Jen

Jen, Me, and Anne


After our chatting in the house and watching a slideshow from
the 2006 Delta Gamma seniors,
we decided to take
our conversations outside.
At our Delta Gamma Sisterhood Retreats in college,
we would have what we liked to call "Firesides".
This is where you can share things going on in your
life, whether it be good or bad.
Rule #1: What's talked about in fireside, stays in fireside.
So at our Alumnae Retreat, all the same rules still applied.

Amber, Hannah doll, Kelly, and Mary Jill

Big Sister Lori and Little Sister Savannah

Anne and Ashley

Mandy & Sarah

My delicious S'more and Me

Me (with a t-shirt change) & Jen

Yum, yum, yum!

The picture below is of Savannah and I (with another t-shirt change)
at 4:30 A.M.
I can't remember the last time I was up this late,
but I know that I could have chatted for MANY more
hours!
Love this girl to pieces!

I am so excited that we were able to host this event.
I often think back to my Delta Gamma days with fond memories,
and it was so nice to create new memories tonight.
So my next question is....
Who's hosting the next sisterhood?!

LITB!

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love this! I am a Phi Mu and we have had many alumnae events in my area but haven't done an overnight retreat yet. This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete