Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Falling down and getting back up.

Today we did our first IUI.
As I have said before,
I never imagined that we would need
help in our trying to conceive journey.
I thought it may take us a little longer than others,
but I never thought it would come to needing help
from doctors.
But, alas, here we are.

Keith's appointment was at 7:30,
and afterwards we made a trip to Starbuck's
so that I could devour another tasty
Caramel Apple Spice. 
Next, we took a walk around Rookwood,
did some shopping at Old Navy,
then went back to IRH for my appointment at 9:00.

The IUI wasn't terrible.
Dr. B did have some trouble
getting the syringe passed my cervix
(should I be concerned about this?!),
but finally he made it and 
was able to do the insemination.

After resting for 10 minutes or so,
Keith and I were cleared to leave.
I spent the rest of the day
in bed snuggling with my Maddy
and watching trashy tv.

Hoping for the best this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment