Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day Love Bug!

I don't really know how the tradition started,
but somehow it did.
Keith and I take turns planning Valentine's Day each year,
usually trying to visit a new restaurant we have never eaten at before.

This year, it was my turn.
I actually got my idea LAST year on Valentine's Day when we ate at Palomino Restaurant & Bar .
On Fountain Square, there is a restaurant named Via Vite
and I have been wanting to try it for awhile now.


Our reservation was at 7:00, but when we arrived at 6:45 they immediately sat us by one of the windows in the picture above.  We had such a great view of Fountain Square.

We ordered drinks...



 and this appetizer:
Chef's Choice Bruschetta.


It was tasty, but I was more in love with the bread and vinegar/oil they gave out for free!
What can I say, I'm easy to please!

Via Vite is famous for their wood-fire pizza, 



so Keith and I each ordered one
(not realizing that they were big enough for us to share!).
Oh well, we had enough left over for dinner the next day.

When we got home, we ate these that we had prepared the night before.

My mom gave us a heart shaped cake pan and cupcake pan for Valentine's Day--so sweet!
The heart cookie was made by Lisa, and the heart cupcake was made by Keith and myself.
Can you see why Lisa is trying to open up her own business and Keith & I aren't?!
Anyhoo, both were DELICIOUS!

It was a fun date night and I am so lucky to call Keith my valentine!
Now the challenge is yours Keith...only 364 days left to plan!
Go!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you two had a special Valentine's Day! Love the tradition of alternating the planning!

    ReplyDelete