Saturday, February 25, 2012

Valentine's Day Gift: Great American Ball Park Tour

While the Reds are in Arizona enjoying spring training,


we are freezing our booties off here in Cincy (some days!).
The weather in Cincy has been so up and down lately,
and of course the day that Keith and I signed up to take the Great American Ball Park Tour,
it was only a high of 34 degrees with snow flurries. Sheesh!

As mentioned on Valentine's Day,
Keith and I decided that our gifts to each other this year would be tickets to this tour.
We are HUGE Reds fans, and this was way better than a dozen flowers he could have given me!
(I apologize if I am offending any flower people! It's just not my thing!)

We arrived at the Reds Hall of Fame museum at 12:00 to pick up our tickets.
Our tour didn't start until 12:30 so we ran upstairs to meet
third baseman Chuck Harmon, 
the first black Red in history.


What an adorable man! 
He autographed a picture for us,
asked us where we were from and said that he was familiar with St.Bernard (not many people are!),
his daughter complimented me on my Reds shirt,
and took this picture with us!
Can't wait to hang his picture up in the man cave. :)
What an awesome experience, and that was only the beginning of the day!

By the time we were finished meeting Chuck,
it was 12:34 P.M.
Ooops! Our tour was leaving at 12:30!
We immediately rushed down stairs 
(I hate being tardy anywhere, but I wasn't going to miss out meeting Chuck Harmon!),
and caught up with the group just in time.
Whew!

The first stop was the Champions Club room, 

then the Fox Sports Ohio box,

and then the Reds Radio box.
I just loved sitting in Marty Brennamen's chair!
Check out my view:

From there we headed to the press box,

then to the Clubhouse.

I kept calling it the "locker room",
but Keith informed me it is the "Clubhouse."
Forgive me. ;)

Pics of Brandon Phillips' locker:




From here we headed to the tunnel that the players head through to the field.


Our next stop was the batting cages,

and the press conference areas.

Finally, the moment I had been waiting for--
we hit the field and the dugout!




What a fun day!
We are so excited for Reds season and are looking forward to Opening Day and the start of a successful season.
Speaking of Opening Day, we recently picked up our tickets!

It's getting closer....  :)

Stay tuned for Saturday evening's events...

No comments:

Post a Comment