Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mel's Birthday!

After our FABULOUS day at the ballpark,
we had an incredible evening out with a birthday girl---
one of my favoritist friends Melissa!

We started our evening at Tom + Chee,
a delicious grilled cheese and tomato soup restaurant 
located on Newport on the Levee.

This was our second visit to Tom + Chee.
On our first visit, I had to try the "Flying Pig"
which didn't disappoint.
This time, though, I had to go classic
grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Keith went for the gusto and ate
a sandwich with 3 types of peppers and pepper jack cheese
(yes, he was definitely feeling that later!).

Everyone enjoyed their delicious meals and then we headed
back over the river to Downtown Cincinnati.
Mel LOVES Toby Keith so we headed to a new bar in downtown Cincy,

When we walked in, it was packed!
It was a good thing we were not wanting to eat dinner here--
it was a 4 hour wait!
Yes, I just said 4 hour wait--and people were waiting!!

We immediately walked to the guitar-shaped bar to order our beers.
I was expecting the beers to arrive in red solo cups....

...but instead arrived in a mason jar!
Woah, those beers were big!
(Take note of that mason jar...it now sits in Melissa's kitchen! haha)

The live band started around 9 o'clock,
and we had a blast dancing around!

Keith & Mel

Mel & brother-in-law Brenden

After a few beers in a mason jar,
Mel & I got the great idea we wanted to go on stage!


Unfortunately, Security would not let us on stage,
but the band did sing happy 29th ;) birthday to Mel!

While dancing around to some good ol' country music,
I found some friends!






As the night drew to a close,
I had to snap one more pic of Mel on her birthday.

How perfect for the last picture, right?!

Happy birthday, dear friend!!
I hope you had the best 29th birthday ever! ;)

5 comments:

  1. Can we please put Tom + Chee on our Cincy double date list? Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course!!! Please come to Cincy soon! Miss you!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I am jealous of the kid-free life that you lead, live it up now girlfriend. Greg and I want to be kid-free when we come to visit :)

    I love that you change you blog layout just about as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe We are definitely trying to live it up now! Are you coming to see me August 3-5th?!?!?! I hope so! The Pirates are in town and it would make for a funnnnn weekend!

      I love changing the blog layout...I'm definitely into green right now. I almost bought a green bathing suit but was afraid people would call me a leprechaun!

      Delete
  3. Oh My...I had no idea you were replying to my comments, I don't get any notification, I just happened to see this, I will check with Greg, he usually has stupid softball playoffs then, but the schedule is not out yet for this year so I will keep my fingers crossed, maybe I will just come without him!

    ReplyDelete