Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tyler has arrived!

At 8:05 A.M. on Monday, February 20th,
I get a text message from my step-mom, Tammy.
It stated: Update- At mercy hospital since 2:30.
Not progressing much but in labor.
Woohoo!

I was so excited to hear this I nearly jumped out of the bed!
At this point my sister-in-law Megan was only 2 cm, but was doing well.
Tammy said that she would provide updates if things changed.

When Keith arrived home at 5:30, I was ecstatic to leave.
We picked up Taco Bell for my brother,
and headed to Mercy Anderson.
When I walked in the door,
Megan's epidural was wearing off.
She immediately said to me, "This is terrible! Don't do this to yourself!"
haha
Megan's mom quickly looked at me and said, "Do you have kids yet? 
You may want to get him out of the room if you don't." (Pointing to Keith)
They are funny, but I did as they said and removed Keith from the room
(I do eventually want kids ya know!).

While we were waiting for Tyler to come into the world,
Keith and I snapped a quick pic in the waiting room.

Then Troy came out to visit us in the lobby, so we decided to send this picture to our little brother, Trevor.

We told Trevor that he was definitely missing out on the fun!
He text me back and said, "Dad said tell Megan to cut the shit and have the baby."
haha One of my all-time favorite quotes of the night.

After Megan received her epidural, I was able to visit with her for about 30 minutes.
Troy had some business to take care of, so Megan and I enjoyed some girl time.
I truly cherished this 30 minutes we shared together before Tyler arrived.
I can't put it into words, but it was definitely an amazing bonding moment between sisters. :)

I left the room around 8:15 because the doctor was headed in to break Megan's water.
The rest of the night was spent watching bits and pieces of the Bachelor in the waiting area.
I couldn't focus on the show with Tyler on his way, though, so I was thankful that I had it DVRd at home.

At 11:15 Tammy reported that they were going to do a C-section.
Since Keith and I had to work the next day,
we decided this was our time to exit, and we would visit with Tyler tomorrow.

Tyler Steven was born at 11:54 P.M. (6 minutes before his due date! Wow!),
weighing in at 7 pounds and 13 ounces.

Here are some pics from the hospital when we finally were able to meet him.

Big Sister Lily & Tyler




The aunts!
Megan's sister Emily & Me

Welcome to our family Tyler!
You will be so loved. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Aunt Tiffany & Uncle Keith! I am glad to hear momma and baby are doing well. Ohhhh child birth, everyone has a crazy story, but the outcomes are always waaay worth it in the end. Enjoy that baby boy!

    ReplyDelete