Sunday, July 7, 2013

50 & Fabulous

After a fun, crazy night at the Stokes wedding,
we woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed (ha!)
  to prepare
for the surprise party we were hosting for 
my mom.

Now, planning this surprise party was no easy feat.
First, my mom has been saying she has wanted
a surprise 50th birthday party, oh, since her 49th birthday.
When my friend, Anne, announced she was 
getting married on July 6th,
my mom told her that she can't have
the wedding that day because
that is the day of her surprise 
50th birthday party.
Look how well Anne
listened, huh Mom?

So, how do you surprise someone that wants
a surprise party?
Well, we threw her a reverse surprise party.
I invited our usual Sunday crew 
(Mom, Troy, Opa, Steve, Lisa, Keri,
Johnny, Nicole, Jaida, and Trin)
 to our
house around our usual meeting time
2:00.
That way my mom wouldn't
see everyone's cars.
She would walk in a nobody would be there.
She would think that this is 
just a regular old Sunday dinner
with her family.

I had the rest of the guests 
start trickling in around 2:30.
This way my mom didn't know
who was coming, or when they were coming.

I did manage to take some pictures,
but I am disappointed I didn't get more.
I'm especially sad that I didn't take a picture
of my super ca-ute "50 & Fabulous"
banner that I made, or
of the many collages I made and placed
around the house.
Also, I had super cute purple and white
flowers since that was my color scheme.
There were also many other people
in attendance that I was unable to get pictures of.
Epic fail on the picture taking today.
I blame the alcohol from last night!

Annnyyyywwaaaayyy,
here they are:

Amber, Mom, My Maddy, Denise, Diane
 Fun fact: My mom and Denise have been 
best friends since kindergarten.
They even grew up living across the street from each
other.
I wish my best friend would have lived across the
street when I was growing up!


Me, Trisha, Bode

Flip Flop cake made by the talented
Lisa Messer

Opa and Mom

Sherry, Sarah, Tori, & Baby Statt 


Happy 50th, Mom!
I hope the next 50 years are 
just as fabulous as the first 50 have been!
:)

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to celebrate the fabulous 50 year old Peggy on her special day! You did a wonderful job with her celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I finally figured out how to post on this thing. I had a wonderful 50 & Fabulous Party. Thank you Tif and Keith for hosting such a wonderful party.

    ReplyDelete