Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Terrific Tuesday

Today I had the opportunity to eat lunch
with one of my favorite teachers of all time,
Mrs. Judy Witt.
Mrs. Witt became my French teacher when I was
in 8th grade, and taught me all the way
through 11th grade.
She was also my Foreign Language Club Adviser
throughout my high school career.
I enjoyed my time so much in and out of the classroom
with Judy; whether it be making us laugh in French class,
going on field trips to the Maisonette, or doing service
work through Foreign Language Club,
I always had fun spending time with Judy.
I was so fortunate to have this lady as my
mentor, 
and I am so thankful that our relationship did not
end when I graduated high school.

When I was in college, 
we would keep in touch through emails, and 
I would often visit Judy after school when I was home
on breaks from NKU. 

*Fun fact: Mine & Keith's relationship sparked when
I was at the high school going to visit Mrs. Witt.
We passed each other in the hallway, started
chatting, and this conversation prompted me to later tell 
my best friend, Kacie, that
"Keith Messer was so hot", 
who then proceeded to tell him I said
that later in the week at a party. 
If it hadn't been for this day,
Keith and I may have never gotten together.
Isn't it funny how all of the pieces of the puzzle
fit together at just the right time?!

After college when I was beginning my teaching career,
Judy was there for me through the roller
coaster ride that is teaching. 
She was one person who said,
"You can do it" when I just wanted to quit.


I always enjoy our time together,
and today was no different.
It's funny how our conversations
have changed from high school talk,
to college, to work, and now to families.
I shared with Judy the struggles that
Keith and I have been facing this past year,
and of course she had words of wisdom
for us.

Words cannot express the special bond
that Judy and I have.
I hope that one day I can follow in her
footsteps and inspire my students
the way she continues to inspire me.
I look forward to many more times
spent with this very special lady!



No comments:

Post a Comment