Friday, July 19, 2013

Let's Go Get Away!

Around 6:30 P.M., we all met at my mom and Troy's house
to load up the Explorer with our goodies to take to Florida.
While there, Jaida buckled herself into her car seat and 
was ready to leave.
When I told her we weren't leaving just yet, she was so confused
and kept asking,
"When are we going to Florida?"
I finally responded, 
"We'll leave when it's dark outside."
Thinking that I had ended the conversation she then says,
"When is it going to be dark?!"
Oh goodness, that girl makes me giggle!

Later on that evening, I spent some time snuggling with 
my baby before she left to go to the newlyweds,
Aunt Anne & Uncle Jim's house.


I also entertained a phone call from Jaida
who called to tell me that it was now dark outside. :)


At 1:30 in the morning,
Keith, myself, Johnny, Nicole, and Jaida
strapped ourselves in the car and began our 
LONG road trip to St. Pete Beach, Florida.
The other members of our crew would be catching
a flight later on in the day and would meet us at our condo.
Here are some pics of our first day:




Welcome to Florida


The ride wasn't too bad and was pretty uneventful.
(I did sneak in some episodes of Parenthood--
my new obsession!--which was exciting for me!,
and Nicole was able to watch a FEW episodes of True Blood).
Once we were settled into our condo,
Jaida decided it was pool time.
So we all joined her. 
How nice of us, right?!

Johnny & Nicole

Keith & Me

Mom, Jaida, & Lisa

I also made a new friend! So cute!

Once we pulled Jaida away from the pool
(Wow that girl has really lived up to her nickname of "Fishy")
we felt that a walk on the beautiful beach was in store.

I love this picture of Keith & Jaida!
 Ahhhhhhhhh! So peaceful!


On our way back from the ocean to the hotel,
someone had drawn a heart in the sand with rose
petals for a wedding earlier in the evening.
Of course I made our little beauty queen
snag a pic!



Now this is my kind of Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment