Friday, July 5, 2013

Fun Friday!

It is no secret that Keith and I 
LOVE
the Cincinnati Reds.
We have always been huge Reds fans
and decided this year that we would
become season ticket holders.

One of the many perks of being a
season ticket holder is that today
we were able to have lunch with 
the Redlegs.

Of course, I was hoping,
and wishing, and praying
(cue Ani Difranco)
that Joey Votto would be in attendance
today, but I guess these guys
will have to do ;) .


Me, Zack Cozart, Keith

Funny story about this picture with Shortstop Zack Cozart--
immediately after the photographer snapped this picture,
a huge banner on a stand fell down right behind me
and almost hit me in the head.
I was so shocked and a little embarrassed
because OF COURSE this would happen to me,
that I said to Zack,
"That would have been a memorable Reds Luncheon!"


Keith, Pitcher Curtis Partch, Me
 Curtis Partch is one of our newest relief pitchers
and is possibly one of the
quietest but funniest people I have ever
met. 
When asked how he prepares in the bullpen
he stated,
"I make sure that I have really good snacks."
(My first thought was to write
"Such a man!", but who am I kidding?
My friends and I would make sure we had really
good snacks too. That's how we roll. )

Me, Chris Heisey, Keith
I have to admit that the highlight
of the luncheon came when we 
met this fella.
He was SOOOO nice
and when we were finished talking,
he thanked us for being fans.
It seems like such a small gesture,
but it really meant a lot to me.

After the luncheon,
Keith and I made a fro-yo
date to Orange Leaf,
before dropping me
off to spend the night with this girl:


The Bride to Be!

With the rehearsal dinner being on Wednesday,
we had all Friday night to finish up
last minute wedding details and 
then spend some time relaxing in the hot tub.
We stayed up chatting until just after midnight
when I was the first to wish her happy wedding day!

Can't wait to see all of the beautiful details
come together tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome experience! What I would give to eat lunch with the Pirates?!?! I better not answer that....

    But I have to say, for being HUGE Reds fans, I did not see either of you sporting any Reds gear at the Luncheon, what was up with that??

    ReplyDelete