Saturday, July 6, 2013

It's like raiiiiinnnn on your wedding day...


Do you remember this Alanis Morrissett
song?
I sure do!
I remember waking up on my wedding day 
to thunderstorms and thinking of this song.
"It's like raiiinnnn on your wedding day...
Isn't it ironic?"
How can rain on your wedding day 
be a sign of good luck?
What about my hair?
And the pictures?
And my dress?
They could all get ruined!
Thankfully, the clouds parted, we had a beautiful wedding day,
and so far (knock on wood)
Keith and I have had pretty good luck with our marriage.

However, the rainy wedding day streak continued for one of my very 
best friends, Anne, today.

We woke up to the clouds dumping rain.
We tried to stay hopeful that the storms would
finish by the afternoon, so we turned on our wedding day
playlist, and jammed to
"Goin to the Chapel," "I Do",
and "I Wanna Dance with Somebody"
while getting ready.

Here are some pics from our 
pre-wedding jam session.



The bride making sure
she has plenty of fluids
The mantle was decorated,
including the banner I made for
Anne's bridal shower.
Such a thoughtful
gift from Anne's
sister-in-law, Laura.
This candle is a tradition.
I gave this candle to
Anne at one of her bridal
showers. She is able
to light it on her wedding
day and many anniversaries
after.


Time for hair!
The matron of honor, Jenny
The back of my hair!
                                   

Sisters & bridesmaids,
Emily and Julie
Painting some nails



Drinking Mimosas
Time for the bride's hair


The beautiful flowers
My drinking buddy & Me


Look at this handsome dude!
At one point, he pointed to the
backyard where there is
an above ground pool and
said, "I think it's going
to overflow!"


Anne's VERY soon to be
sister-in-law and niece
Anne only let a select few see her dress before the wedding day,
so here are most of the bridesmaids (and the flower girl too!)
seeing Anne dressed up! 




        

Opening her special
gift from Jim
Delta Gamma sisters and friends,
Amber and Me :)
Special moment with Dad




                                                       
                                                 

Boarding the Party Bus!
 


Seeing her grandma for the first time today

Sisters

Time flew by this morning...
Now it's time to go get married!
Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment