Monday, July 29, 2013

Keep your head up.

Recently, my friend Savannah text me this
image:


Sometimes I wish God didn't think I was so strong.
The pain, the worry, the guilt that consumes
me right now is almost too much.

Somehow, someway, I muster up
the last amount of courage and fight that
I feel I have left to keep going...

Today, Keith and I went for our consultation appointment
with Dr. B at the Institute for Reproductive Health.
We answered the same gazillions of questions that we have
been asked over the course of the year.
I can't blame him, he doesn't know us,
but recapping everything we lived through this year over and over again
is tough.
Strep B? Miscarriage? Thyroid Test? HSG test? Internal Ultra sound?
Semen Analysis? Clomid? Check. Check. Check.
I tell all, though, because I want him to know every thing.

I asked where do we go from here?
Dr. B decided that if I start my period this month,
he will take me off of the Clomid and put me
on a similar ovulation stimulating drug called
Femara. Femara luckily doesn't have some
of the side effects that Clomid has.
He also prescribed me Ovidrel,
which is given in "shot" form
on day 12 of my cycle.
From there, we will do Intrauterine Insemination (IUI). 

Before we left, Dr.B had a nurse do my blood work.
Honestly, I don't even remember
what he said he was taking the blood for.
I guess I should have been
paying better attention....
(Yes, this is foreshadowing.)

But Keith and I left there pleased with 
Dr. B and his plans. And so we wait....





Keep your head up, little soldier, keep your head up.






2 comments:

  1. Praying for you. Jesus loves your positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I think this is the best plan yet, sorry it has taken one painful road to get here, but here you are, and the only direction to look is UP! I am always thinking about you guys and will continue to pray that this IS the miracle you have been sooo patiently waiting for! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete